- Scientific Concepts – 27%
- Hair Services – 40%
- Facial Hair – 17%
- Skin Care & Facial Services – 16%
- Set up and client protection – 10 minutes
- Haircutting – 30 minutes
- Shaving with a straight razor – untimed
- Chemical waving – 20 minutes plus 2 minutes to remove/set up supplies
- Virgin hair lightening and hair color retouch – 20 minutes total, two 10-min segments plus 2 minutes to remove/set up supplies
- Chemical Relaxing, virgin and retouch – 20 minutes total, two 10-min segments plus 2 minutes to remove/set up supplies
- Bring your own full and complete barbering kid, labeled according to NIC regulations
- Once the examination begins you will be evaluated at all times
- The proctor will read all verbal instructions twice and then will not communicate with you
- Each section has a time limit (except the shave with straight razor portion) if you complete a section early you may indicate so the proctor
- If the timer runs out you must stop what you are doing
- When required, all manufacturers’ labels must be factory – not hand written – and must be in English (additional languages on the factory label are fine)
Ready to PASS the Barber License Exam?
Make sure you are prepared for your Barber License Exam.
McRee Learning Center can help.
Unlimited access to online Barber License Exam practice test,
access NOW from your phone, laptop or tablet
Real Questions-Real Answers
Take the Barber License Exam practice tests as many times as you want until you get every question correct!Make sure you are prepared for your Barber License Exam. McRee Learning Center can help.
Barber License Exam - Sample
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Question 1 of 10
A liquid that has been chemically softened and contains very small amount of mineralsCorrectIncorrect
Question 2 of 10
Also known as the matrix bed:CorrectIncorrect
Question 3 of 10
It was not until_____________ when A.B. Moler opened the first Barber School in Chicago. He also published textbooks at that timeCorrectIncorrect
Question 4 of 10
4. QuestionThe Barbers Protective Union was formed on December 6, 1886 in Columbus, OhioCorrectIncorrect
Question 5 of 10
World War II brought about _______ __________ as barbers were called into service. The flat top, butch, crew cut and the Princeton cut became popular.CorrectIncorrect
Question 6 of 10
6. QuestionAs early as 6,000 years ago barbering services were performed by Egyptian nobility.CorrectIncorrect
Question 7 of 10
How the barber pole came about:The barber pole originated in the days when bloodletting was of the principal duties of the barber.The two spiral ribbons painted around the pole represent the two long bandages, one twisted around the arm before bleeding and the other used to bind is afterward.CorrectIncorrect
Question 8 of 10
8. QuestionThe Barber-Suregeons formed their first organization in France in 1896CorrectIncorrect
Question 9 of 10
9. QuestionA client record card should contain ____.CorrectIncorrect
Question 10 of 10
10. QuestionA product sold only to licensed industry professionals is known as a(n) ___ product.CorrectIncorrect